Divergent (Divergent #1) by Veronica Roth

Divergent - Veronica Roth

Hi guys, I hope you all are having a nice day and this is my review to Divergent by Veronica Roth.

This book is set in a dystopian world that is divided into four factions based on personalities. You get a test done and it is shown what faction you go into. There's Abnegation (the selfless), Amity (the peaceful), Dauntless (the brave), and Erudite (the intelligent). And then there's Divergent, which means you don't fit into a category, and that you're special.

Tris goes to take the test and finds out she's Divergent, she manages to hide this fact and chooses Dauntless as her faction to be free. There she meets one of the trainers, Four.

I love this book so much. I can't even express how much, I think it's unhealthy for me with this obsession I have with Divergent. This book is a must-read. It's generally about how Tris competes in order to get accepted into Dauntless... and there are so many Four-Tris moments that Veronica Roth doesn't understand that I will die from the feels.

Tris' character development throughout this book is amazing. She changes from a shy girl to someone bold, and can stand up for herself. And more importantly, what she believes in. She and Four have a relationship which is easy to understand and follow. They both have an amazing mutual trust for them that it's amazing.

Secondary characters surrounding Tris: Will and Christina are amazing, and I like how at one point they show a nice character conflict within this book, even if its with your friend. At the same time it's extremely brief and non-dramatic, which is something we all appreciate.

Really well written. I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I did!