Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth

Insurgent - Veronica Roth

Hello guys, I hope that you are all having a nice day. I hope you enjoy my review Insurgent, which is the second installment in the Divergent trilogy.

Insurgent takes off from where the Erudite betray the Dauntless and use them to go against the Abnegation. Tris and Four along with the members go along to Amity (the peaceful) for help. The revolution from the Erudite violating the laws begins a revolution kind of thing.

I liked the Amity a lot. They have an extremely nice way of making fair decisions. Everything they do is specifically from peace and their firm beliefs. This is how they make decisions for example: first, they'll have a group of two people talk about it until they come to a conclusion, then the pair go to another pair of two and the four make a decision. Then the four go to another four and the eight make a decision. This continues on until the entire comity has decided upon one decision.

Now, the character conflict was okay, I liked it. The plot line seemed to stay right on track and a whole lot of twists end up conflicting Tris and Four's (or named as Tobias now) relationship. Marcus, his mom, every single thing you throw in here.

This was the major problem. Tris and Four's relationship. They argue so much my head started hurting so I had to put the book down to calm myself before going into temporary depression. And the things they argued over were honestly... "Why did you talk to your mom while I was sleeping?!" This is what it sounded like to me. Honestly.

Another problem was Tris' temporary obsession with "self-sacrifice." This is ridiculous. Like, she will find the opportunity to go and do something to make me want to rip the hair off of my head. I was so, so, so frustrated. This was the same girl that flew her way through situations that are dangerous. Get it together girl!

Nonetheless, after this entire drama was over, something finally happened towards the end, which makes the book seem like it was worth reading.

I'm not saying that the book was terrible, but I felt more disappointed and by the middle I wasn't really into reading it as much as I was when I first ended off Divergent and started off Insurgent. This book is an okay read, and this is solely on my opinion. I'm giving this a three because it wasn't that bad, but not what I expected.