Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge

Cruel Beauty - Rosamund Hodge

Hi guys, I hope you all are having a great day and enjoy my review for the book, Cruel Beauty, by Rosamund Hodge.

This book is meant to be a retelling of Beauty and the Beast, set in a different world where Ignifex, who is known as the demon who took over Nyx's kingdom before she was born. Her father, who had no heir to the throne, decides to go to Ignifex to ask for children. But Ignifex has a catch, he always does, and there's always a loophole. Instead, Nyx's father gets her and her sister, but their mother dies as well. Nyx is betrothed to Ignifex, and on the day of her marriage she's really bitter thinking of her really happy twin sister, her father and aunt's relationship, and the fact that she's always taught that she has to destroy Ignifex since he's her mother's killer.

As you can see, I was dying to get this book. Also, whenever I thought of Nyx's name, I immediately thought of dark chocolate.

This book is extremely well written. I loved every bit of it. Nyx is not a perfect character, at times she's not sure what she's doing, and she despises everyone around her because she feels as if she's a scapegoat, and indirectly burdened with the responsibility of being married to her mother's killer while her family just sits back with ease and all wait for her to finish the job. She's a realistic character, and I found myself becoming frustrated when she was frustrated.

Ignifex is shown in this book, or at least to me, as this mystery that is difficult to unravel. When you think about it, you know one thing, but then you don't. It's a wonderful feeling of suspense that makes you flip the pages quickly.

The book has a plot twist every way, and I loved every bit of it.

The ending was really something unexpected and that I loved, I highly recommend this book!