Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

Sharp Objects - Gillian Flynn

Hi guys, I hope you all are having a nice day. This is my review to the debut novel Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn.

This book is about a woman, Camille Preaker, who has recently come out of a psych hospital and is now working as a reporter in Chicago. She ends up getting sent back to her hometown, Wind Gap, to bring a report on what’s considered a serial-killing case.

This book for me was extremely well written from a first-person voice. Major points of this have to go to Camille’s style and connections, which I think was strongly spoken through. Some points which connect back to her inner conflict seem to speak out strongly through her cases when she goes through these murders. Insights were strong, and this book did not look like a debut mystery novel to me, it looked like Gillian Flynn was writing her hundredth novel or something.

There’s a lot of conflict with secondary characters in this story. At some points I was kind of freaking out while yelling at Camille like, “Girl, how do you sleep at night in that house?!” Camille’s family is odd; they have the oddest obsessions with the smallest things. Some points I had to put this book down to get my shivers straight.

Some things I didn’t like about this book were . . . oh my God, I don’t think there’s anything I didn’t like about this book. I would have to say that towards the ending I felt it kind of dragged on. Until I finished reading. It was like BAM! OH MY GOD.

This is one of those books that creep back into my mind, and I find myself thinking a lot about it. You should definitely read these 252 pages of . . . just; you have to read it to understand. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.