The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Maas

The Assassin's Blade - Sarah J. Maas

Hi guys, I hope you’re all having a great day and this is my review to The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Maas. As you all know, as I’m balancing out my workloads and other reads, I’ve decided to let Heir of Fire wait for its time, and have continued on with reading, The Assassin’s Blade for timekeeping.

Anyway, for those of you who don’t know, The Assassin’s Blade is a set of novellas, which is combined to show a prequel for the Throne of Glass series. It shows Calaena Sardothien’s life before the series and kickass as heck: read it.

In read this book, we look a bit more into Calaena’s character before Throne of Glass, which was in more detail of how she learned to do what she did. She goes on a pirate ship, to a tavern, the dessert, the undergrounds, and the sewers. Calaena makes new friends, AND A NEW LOVE OMG SAM, and unfortunately loses some of them as well.

I found Calaena a stronger character in these novellas then in Throne of Glass, but of course her character grows out more in the series. I found her extremely connectable, and honestly, my heart broke for a lot for her. Sam is amazing as heck, and melted me to a puddle. She learns a lot more in these places she goes about her self-ability and how high she can achieve.

Arobynn Hamel. Burn in acidic fire. Please. You are the worst thing, you know what, you’re not even a thing—I hate you more than I can hate all the villains in all the stories I’ve ever read combined, okay?

Like seriously, when novellas ended off with Celaena dying over Sam while being taking to prison and you said how you don’t share what yours—JUST STOP.

(show spoiler)

I almost cried when Sam died, okay? I’ll admit it, because I knew Sam was going to die but after I heard HOW he died I couldn’t help it, I was almost in tears. It was the most horrible death ever. Celaena’s waiting at night, and she’s scared as hell, and I can’t help but think the entire night how Sam was killed and burned and cut and tortured. And then Celaena goes and then she wakes up in the palace dungeons, it was horrible. And she’d just numb in the car as the band wagon takes her to the prison, I was just . . . my heart broke so much. AND AROBYNN MUST DIE. HE MUST DIE. SARAH J. MAAS NEEDS TO MAKE A BOOK ALL ABOUT CELAENA GOING ALL ASSASSIN ON AROBYNN OKAY? YOU DON’T KILL SAM AND THEN LIVE. Okay . . . I’m done.

(show spoiler)

This book is recommended! A lot more action in this and more twists and plot-turns! I LOVE Sarah J. Maas, I also can’t wait to read Heir of Fire. Two more books to go on my Currently Reading List! Hope you all have a nice day and thank you for reading!