Burn for Burn (Burn for Burn #1) by Siobhan Vivian and Jenny Han

Burn for Burn - Jenny Han, Siobhan Vivian

Hi guys, I hope you all are having a great day and this is my review to the book Burn for Burn, which is the first book in the Burn for Burn trilogy written by Siobhan Vivian and Jenny Han.

This book is about three girls who want to gain revenge from certain people they know from their past after the things that happen with them. So . . . these three team up together after a series of events that force them to contact one another. They all agree that no one can back out until every girl has gotten what she wants in the form of revenge, and they each plan.

From the characters in these books, I have to say Lillia is probably my favorite. She’s sweet, sophisticated, and says one of my simple but favorite quotes in this book. Kat is more on a badass league for me, and part of her behaviour is all about attitude, which isn’t a bad thing. It’s her major quality for me. Mary is the shy and innocent one, really shy and timid, reading from Mary’s point of view in the book was more of a cooling point during times of tense events—well, at least for me. Except for this one part though . . . read to find out.

The book is told from the three girls’ perspective. And this was written well, you could probably give me any of these girls’ points of views without telling me who it is and I’d be able to tell you who it is. Not because I’m a mastermind (silently sobs) but because each girl has her own distinct voice. Their voices come out strong and different, and that to me was really important.

The pace of this book was good for me, revelations that show up from each girls’ perspective was helpful and made it one of those books that I could not stop reading. After some disappointing reads in Teen Fiction, I’m really appreciating Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian, after I’m updated along with my Bookshelf Reads, I might look more into their works!

One recommendation would be to get the sequel Fire with Fire along with this book, because the ending is a horrible cliff-hanger. UGH. This book is definitely recommended, with a nicer feel of fresh character and voice! I am definitely reading the sequel along with my Bookshelf Reads!

One thing I didn’t like was when they let out their revenge on Alex as well . . . honestly even when Kat thought he kind of “cheated” (they weren’t together so I’m not sure what to say) on her; I wasn’t really big on taking down Alex because I thought he was a good guy throughout the book. And Alex DID NOT do anything like I knew he wouldn’t!

Reeve got what he deserved. Honestly, after what he did to Mary when they were kids I hated him so much. I didn’t feel as sorry for him as Mary did after, not at all. He can become paralyzed, it’s the least he should go through.

God, Rennie . . . you’re so fake. I’m sure if Rennie looked in the mirror at least five times a day she wouldn’t be able to tell that all those faces were her own. She’s not two faced, she’s like octagonal-faced or something. I hope she gets burned REAL BAD in the next book!

(show spoiler)