Crimson Bound Releasing May 5th, 2015!

Coming out on May 5th, 2015

by Rosamund Hodge

Balzer and Bray/HarperCollins

When Rachelle was fifteen she was good—apprenticed to her aunt in training to protect her village from dark magic. But she was also reckless—straying from the forest path in search of a way to free her world from the threat of eternal darkness. After an illicit meeting goes dreadfully wrong, Rachelle is forced to make a terrible choice that binds her to the very evil she had hoped to defeat.

Three years later, Rachelle has given her life to serving the realm, fighting deadly creatures in an effort to atone. When the king orders her to guard his son Armand—the man she hates most—Rachelle forces Armand to help her find the legendary sword that might save their world. As the two become unexpected allies, they uncover far-reaching conspiracies, hidden magic, and a love that may be their undoing. In a palace built on unbelievable wealth and dangerous secrets, can Rachelle discover the truth and stop the fall of endless night?

Guys, I am seriously excited for this book. Last time I read work from this author, I was not disappointed. I am definitely pre-ordering this book. The girl can actually fight on her own and can defend herself (hopefully sounds like it). She is protecting a prince, how awesome is that? Roasmund Hodge is also wonderful at writing . . . and I think I can think of many more reasons to justify this. Her writing style is slightly different from what I read in Cruel Beauty but still enjoyable nonetheless.

The cover is a bit like Cruel Beauty which is kind of confusing since this book has nothing to do with the world of Cruel Beauty. Also the cover dynamic of the swirls in Cruel Beauty were for the shape of a rose. Whereas, these are just stairs that I don't really see forming anything. But still, the cover is STILL VERY PRETTY AND ME LIKES IT A LOT. Can't wait for this one!