Fire with Fire (Burn for Burn #2) by Siobhan Vivian and Jenny Han

Fire with Fire (Burn for Burn) by Han, Jenny, Vivian, Siobhan (2013) Paperback - Jenny,  Vivian,  Siobhan Han

Hi guys, I hope ya’ll are having a great day. This is my review for Siobhan Vivian and Jenny Han’s second book in the Burn for Burn trilogy: Fire with Fire.

For those of you who don’t know, Burn for Burn is about three girls: Kat, Lillia, and Mary who all three decide to help each other have revenge on the people who believe have done them wrong. So they all go and think of ways to get back at all these people who have hurt them in the past, and when they each come up with an idea, they all help one another. Unfortunately, at the end of the last book, something goes wrong, and one of the people who they are having revenge on ends up breaking his leg badly, resulting in all three girls possibly getting caught.

This book starts off right after, where Reeve is in the hospital after prom night. But this time, as Lillia, Kat, and Mary each find out that Reeve has a crush on Lillia, they decide to break his heart for them to have revenge. Now this particular part made no sense to me. Like, girl, you’ve already ruined his season, made sure he can’t play next season, and now he has no particular chances at getting a football scholarship, he spends most of his time practicing to make sure he can do something and now you want to go make him fall in love with you? That’s not what you should be doing. What you should be doing is making Little Miss. I-am-the-Queen-yeah-right-haha-no Rennie have her turn.

I also feel like more than half of the book was not necessary. It was five hundred and seventeen pages. I feel like it could’ve been shorter. Like maybe three hundred/four hundred-ish.

Anyway. Moving on. Lillia has to pretend to be in love with Reeve to crush him? OMG . . . guess what happens, friends? No Kat or Alex . . . nah. Mary . . . woah there, sister.

I feel like the last two hundred pages were WORTH THE ENTIRE SERIES. IF THE LAST TWO HUNDRED PAGES WOULDN’T HAVE BEEN WRITTEN I WOULD HAVE DIED. Overall, I wasn’t really that happy with the first half of this book, so I don’t really have much to say about it. What I DO have to say is . . . ugh. Spoiler, guys. Unless you didn’t read the first book or are not reading it at all . . . then you can go ahead.

OKAY SO MARY IS ACTUALLY DEAD. And when she had memories of Reeve calling her Big Easy he was ACTUALLY saying, Big EZ : Elizabeth Zane, which is Mary’s actual name. At this part of the book fireworks started exploding in my head. Because I could suddenly realize that David wasn’t mad at her for leaving him during Halloween and running, she was a ghost he couldn’t see. And that was why he was “ignoring” her. Connections were snapping back and forth and I went back to read this and see and I realized so many things I hadn’t even noticed. But oh God, now that I actually am okay with Reeve being alive I don’t want Mary to kill him out of revenge.

Also . . . Rennie actually died. I feel bad that her, Kat, and Lillia ended on a bad note. I mean, Rennie was literally acting so melodramatic cause she couldn’t take a break up. And Mary ended up killing her. OOPS sister.

This still leaves a lot of unanswered questions. How come Kat and Lillia can see Mary but no one else can? Why is her Aunt Bette crazy enough to bring back her suicidal niece . . . like, was her aunt just having fun? What’s her aunt’s problem? Why is Mary suddenly having these powers?

(show spoiler)

Overall, this book is recommended, although the first half was difficult for me to get through. Still, this definitely makes the last book the best to read. I hope you enjoyed my review guys!