Audacious by Gabrielle Prendergast

Audacious - Gabrielle Prendergast

Hi guys, I hope you all are having a great day, and I hope you enjoy my review for my first White Pine 2015 novel: Audacious by Gabrielle Prendergast.

This book is about Raphaelle . . . a girl who thinks she has the wrong hair, the wrong body, the wrong clothes, and the wrong attitude. She’s in love with art, and that’s how she expresses her “audacity.” A lot of people tend to think something’s wrong with her. Anyway, after some family problems, they all move away to a new town. She starts fresh and continues to call herself “Ella” which is her new persona in this “new life.” After meeting Samir—a new boy in art class—she decides that she is going to express herself through art. She ends up doing something with . . . her art that leads to odd consequences. It deals with religion, love, self-esteem, and who you are as an individual person.

Now, the thing is, you have to have a more open mind if you wish to look into the depth of this book. Ella will make decisions that people will not agree with, including myself. But then, when you see her point, then you realize in a way what she does kind of makes sense. After you read her point of view. But I guess, the thing that makes Ella audacious is the fact that she has a backbone and stand of her own and doesn’t listen to anyone no matter what they think or say to her. She stays where she thinks she should stand.

This book is amazing, and it has changed my perspective in the way I’ve viewed some things. I loved this book, but once again, you have to read with an open mind. If you are overly religious and you stick to that then you should still give this book a try, because it will open your mind a bit, and help you stick to what your point of view is.

This book is also written in verse, meaning that it’s a fast read. I finished this in just two hours. I feel like verse did suit this than anything else, because it adds depth. Some pages were so beautiful I was sure I was supposed to be quoting them. The entire page. It’s filled with prose, and I was looking back to kind of like . . . study them in a way. The way the thoughts are scattered on some pages is beautiful. Definitely meant for people who wish to give verse a try and want a quicker read.

This book is highly recommended for people in high school, I feel like young adults and teens should read this, whoever you are. This book has definitely changed my perspective, and it might change yours, depending on how you take what you read. Once again highly recommended.

I hope you guys enjoyed my review and thanks for reading! I’m just going to move on to the next White Pine one after getting my “official signature” which clarifies that I’ve read the book. Hope you guys have been saving up for Christmas money!