The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B by Teresa Toten

The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B - Teresa Toten

Hey guys! I hope you all are having a great day, and this is my review to Teresa Toten's The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B

When Adam meets Robyn at a support group for kids coping with obsessive-compulsive disorder, he is drawn to her almost before he can take a breath. He's determined to protect and defend her--to play Batman to her Robyn--whatever the cost. But when you're fourteen and the everyday problems of dealing with divorced parents and step-siblings are supplemented by the challenges of OCD, it's hard to imagine yourself falling in love. How can you have a "normal" relationship when your life is so fraught with problems? And that's not even to mention the small matter of those threatening letters Adam's mother has started to receive . . .

The beginning of this book was hard for me to get into. I wasn't used to Adam's overdying love for Robyn. I also wasn't used to Adam's mother's behavior. But after a long while, I managed to get into this book pretty well.

I personally don't know anything about OCD to say whether or not this book actually portrayed this well. But I do know that Adam is a strong, sensible, and likeable character who knows how to stand up for hismelf and is selfless. It is easy to connect with Adam once you see his selfless ways and how much thought he puts into others.

The OCD group was pretty well, it was nice to see how the kids started to trust one another. Even to the point where Adam decides to take the kids all to church, in a way of spiritual healing.

I had a feeling Adam's mom was sending the letters to herself from her behavior in the last few chapters because . . . she kind of went crazy. But it was nice to know it wasn't Brenda.

(show spoiler)

So, that is my short review to The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B and even though this review is short, I still hope you guys enjoyed it! :D Thanks for reading this review, and until the next one (and hopefully better). :D