Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare (The Infernal Devices Trilogy #2)

Clockwork Prince - Cassandra Clare

Hi guys! Great news! I can write reviews now without a problem! This is my review to Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare which is the second book in The Infernal Devices Trilogy!

In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends.

With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them.

Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, but her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will—the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?

As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.

There are a lot of things I loved about this book! One of them may have to be that characters like Will, Jem, Charlotte, Henry, and Sophie were more well developed throughout this book! We got to see an insight to a lot of characters I hadn’t even thought about from Clockwork Angel and I thought that Clare did a great job of representing this in Clockwork Prince.

I think Tessa did a great job of representing a character from the Victorian era, because I can see that small spark of feminism in her. Although I think that title goes completely to Charlotte Branwell, don’t you agree? :D Even though Tessa does things that are known to be “scandalous” from that time period and place, at least she considers how her actions affect others. This made Tessa an admirable main character once again. I never once felt that she did something selfish, and I don’t remember feeling frustrated with her over anything.

One person we definitely got more insight on was Will! I was so happy that we learned more about Will than I’d hoped Clare would let on! :D Especially about his friendship with Jem and how he always was so careful from a young age about the things he did! OMG Will and Magnus were so funny sometimes. I started laughing so hard at some parts! :D

I think that even though the Magister wasn’t in this book, there was more insight on this supernatural world and more on how the Shadowhunters live and their principles. I think that Clare did an amazing job balancing the sub-plots with the main plot along with dropping small clues along the way. We learned more about why the Magister does what he did—even though he never said or did anything himself—and it was nice to know more about the clockwork army. The world-building was really done well. :)

My favorite scene HANDS DOWN was Will's song when he found out that demon pox was real! OMG I WAS laughing out loud, like actually.

(show spoiler)

Overall, REALLY GREAT INSTALLMENT. I AM SO HAPPY. I’M LIKE HALFWAY THROUGH THE NEXT BOOK NOW! I think this series should be read by anyone who likes Fantasy! :D And if you have read The Mortal Instruments and enjoyed it and haven’t read this series then that should be your next goal in life! :D

Thanks for reading this review guys, and until the next one! :D

Also a side note to those who still liked my post even though I wrote an apology for not being able to post anything—THANK YOU SO MUCH! :D