Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (Daughter of Smoke Bone Trilogy #1)

Daughter of Smoke & Bone - Laini Taylor

Hi guys, I hope you're all having a great day, and this is my review to Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor and is the first book in The Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy.

Around the world, black handprints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky.

In a dark and dusty shop, a devil's supply of human teeth grown dangerously low.

And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherwordly war.

Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real; she's prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands"; she speaks many languages--not all of them human; and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she's about to find out.

When one of the strangers--beautiful, haunted Akiva--fixes his fire-colored eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?

In the beginning, I kind of thought that the book was weird, but after a while of reading it, I became addicted! This book has demons--or in this case, chimaera--and the angels--seraphim--and combines them with the weirdest and most creative kind of magic that I've read about in a long time!

I thought Karou was a great main character who took actions that were considered to be realistic for me! It was easy to connect with her once I got into the story, and needless to say, this book was very enjoyable. The secondary characters were also very enjoyable to read about because they all had a mysterious aura around them they was fun to learn about once you knew about the world these characters lived in!

The only problem I had as in the second half of the book, it was all in the past and I kind of felt like atone point . . . insta-love? I'm not sure . . . but it was weird. But once I reached the ending of the book, I was blown away! I am very excited for the second book, and I don't want to say too much because it's much more fun reading about the world and going through the rollercoaster along with these characters!

Overall, this book had some flaws, but was very enjoyable! Anyone who's a fan of the Fantasy genre needs to give this book a try!

Thanks for reading my review and I hope that you all have a great day! :D