The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson (Mistborn #1)

The Final Empire. Mistborn Book One - Brandon Sanderson

Hey guys! I hope you all are having a great day and this is my review to The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson. This is the first book in his Mistborn trilogy.

In a world where ash falls from the sky, and mist dominates the night, an evil cloaks the land and stifles all life. The future of the empire rests on the shoulders of a troublemaker and his young apprentice. Together, can they fill the world with color once more?

In Brandon Sanderson's intriguing tale of love, loss, despair and hope, a new kind of magic enters the stage - Allomancy, a magic of the metals.

WHAT THE EFF DID I JUST READ?!?!

OMG.

*leaves* *comes back three centuries later*

Okay . . . so, this book, *gushes* is my favorite! It is! I’m recommending this first thing someone asks me for something to read. :D

Sorry . . . okay so. I really felt this book. The entire time. I started the Prologue and I was hooked. I couldn’t seem to stop reading. And unfortunately I had to, so that part was kind of sad. But . . . I LOVED THIS BOOK!

Vin was an amazing main character—even if I just couldn’t pin down her name. It was the weirdest name ever, to me at first. But then after reading about her character, I honestly thought that the weird name suited her. Vin is one of my favorite YA heroines. Easily. She’s not the most well known in this amazing world that Brandon Sanderson created! Her character growth was so important to me, every time Vin learned to stand up and get ready to help the team, I was so proud of her from turning into a girl that didn’t trust anyone into a girl that was ready to defend everyone with her life.

Kelsier. OMG. The thing I loved about this book. Like, at some points, where I felt the tension, I couldn’t help but love Kelsier. He’s smart, insightful, and the most damn funniest man ever. I loved his story and his character. The relationship impact between him and Vin was perfect! It showed that their friendship, trust and even father-daughter dynamic (that’s the feel I got) was so perfect!

Another thing I liked was the world building. Sanderson doesn’t info-dump, but he does provide a lot of information in one book. At some points, I would put the book down because there would be a lot for me to absorb and the information that Sanderson gives you is pretty . . . deep. You can tell that he put a lot of thought into this world. Also, the magic system. It’s my most favorite things ever! It was so awesome! The things that people could do once they ingested these metals into their body! The magic system and the world building are another reason why you need to read this book!

The plot pacing was literally, the best thing ever. It’s like each subplot ends up tying in together and then the tied in subplots tie into the actual plot of the book. So many things I didn’t see coming happened so quickly, that it took me forever to process it! I was literally amazed by the end of this book and I need The Well of Ascension. Like, right now. Seriously.

Overall, The Final Empire is easily one of the finest things I have ever read, and has put me off from the small reading slump that was beginning to form! I loved the characters, the magic system, the world building, and everything in the middle!

I would recommend The Final Empire to anyone that loves Fantasy, because I don’t see a reason why this is bad—at all. One thing I would say is that you should read this book slowly, to process the world and the characters. It’s one of the best things I’ve ever read. I love this book, and if you give an amazing series like this a try, then you will too! The next time you need to give yourself a treat, get this book instead! :D

Thanks for reading everyone, and I hope you have a great day! :D Until the next one! :)