The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (Mara Dyer #2)

The Evolution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin

Hey guys! I hope you all are having a great day and this is my review to The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin! This is the second book in the Mara Dyer trilogy. :D

The truth about Mara Dyer’s dangerous and mysterious abilities continues to unravel in the New York Times bestselling sequel to the thrilling The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.She can’t. She used to think her problems were all in her head. They aren’t. She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets. She’s wrong. In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?

Even though I gave this book five out of five stars, would I say that it’s better than The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer? I have no idea. There were some places where I was completely creeped out and shivering, but other moments were like, “Wait . . . Mara?! What the hell?!”

I thought that this book had a lot more of Mara trying to figure things out for herself. The only problem I had was that there was some things lacking in the actual investigating. There were so many clues that were revealed and then they weren’t shown ever again. And then I’m sitting here creating as many crackpot theories as possible over something Mara and Noah didn’t even think about.

Tv Sherlock animated GIF

At some points, I was so convinced that every single thing was a hallucination and that Mara Dyer is completely insane. But, I guess Hodkin wanted us to go crazy ourselves figuring this out! But Mara is an unreliable narrator, and this makes the story so interesting! :D Her voice is so good! I can believe that she is insane at points!

I thought that this book had less action and stuff, but I also thought that there was more tension in this book compared to the last. It was so hard to tell whether or not Mara was reading into things too much or too little.

I didn’t think this book needed to be as thick as it was. It’s thicker than the first and last book. I don’t think it needed to be so big, there was a point before the ending part where I thought that it was dragging on a lot and that nothing else was going to happen! But, I was creeped out the entire time so that’s what pushed me to keep on reading! :D

I did make it to the end very fast, and I think that this is a good sequel; just some parts where I thought that it was completely irrelevant to the story.

I thought that Mara’s family is nice and stuff, but honestly, her family believed nothing of what she said, and at times, it frustrated me! Her family just . . . ugh! I love them but at the same time they’re completely annoying! And . . . ugh. *throws hands in the air to look for answers in the sky*

The romance! *gushes*

I think Mara and Noah have the most decent relationship from any of the books I’ve ever read. I could tell that even though there were points that they didn’t agree with one another, they were still ready to support one another through any situation! They were ready to sacrifice for one another and were completely honest, including their mistakes! LOVED IT!

THAT ENDING. EVERYTHING IS FINALLY STARTING TO MAKE SENSE.

Overall, The Evolution of Mara Dyer is a stunning sequel ( . . . overall) and had some small flaws, but the creepiness was definitely turned up a notch.

I would recommend this series to anyone that wants to read something with an interesting dynamic! I love unreliable characters, so if you’re into that, try this out!

Thanks for reading my review guys, and until the next one! :D