The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (Mara Dyer #3)

The Retribution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin

Hey guys, I hope you all are having a great day so far and this is my review to The Retribution of Mara Dyer which is the third and final book in the Mara Dyer trilogy by Michelle Hodkin! :D

Mara Dyer wants to believe there's more to the lies she’s been told.

There is.

She doesn’t stop to think about where her quest for the truth might lead.

She should.

She never had to imagine how far she would go for vengeance.

She will now.

Loyalties are betrayed, guilt and innocence tangle, and fate and chance collide in this shocking conclusion to Mara Dyer’s story.

Retribution has arrived.

I don’t know what to say about this book. I loved it, but I wasn’t feeling the same about this one like the first two books.

Possibly because of the following:

The lack of Noah. Seriously, how the hell does this book function halfway without Noah Shaw in it?!

Mara’s personal judgement in some situations. If you’ve read this book, then you know exactly what I’m talking about. Some situations were so easy for me to tell, but Mara, ugh! I swear. But, I never hated Mara for anything, even if I did not agree with her.

The information discovered in this book could have been explained in the previous book. I am not a big fan of info-dumping for last book in a series. Not that there was a lot of info-dumping (I think Allegiant wins in that department) but I feel like the information could have been partially spread in between both books.

But. I still loved this, even though I felt there could’ve been more improvement.

It was nice to see Mara’s relationship with her friends and family, and seeing which measures she would take in order to protect them. I felt like the friendship (the awesome friendship, I must point out) in between Mara and Jamie was done so beautifully! I was so happy with the way that Mara and Jamie’s friendship was shown. I think this last book showed this the best.

Mara finally accepts herself! It was so relieving to read about the way Mara could finally realize that she’s not as terrible as she thought.

Overall, The Retribution of Mara Dyer is a book that is satisfying, but still leaves the feeling that there could’ve been some room for more than there was. I thought that a lot of things that weren’t shown in the last few books were shown quite well in this one.

I would recommend this series to anyone! I would say that if you get grossed out and scared very easily then not to read this. Some parts were gruesome to read about (I guess not for me, from other reviews I’ve seen and read) so be careful about that.

Thanks for reading my review and I hope you all have a great day! :D