Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter #2)

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré

Hey guys, I hope you all are having a great day and this is my review to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling!

The Dursleys were so mean and hideous that summer that all Harry Potter wanted was to get back to the Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry. But just as he’s packing his bags, Harry receives a warning from a strange, impish creature named Dobby who says that if Harry Potter returns to Hogwarts, disaster will strike.

And strike it does. For in Harry's second year at Hogwarts, fresh torments and horrors arise, including an outrageously stuck-up new professor, Gilderoy Lockheart, a spirit named Moaning Myrtle who haunts the girls’ bathroom, and the unwanted attentions of Ron Weasley’s younger sister, Ginny.

But each of these seem minor annoyances when the real trouble begins, and someone--or something--starts turning Hogwarts students to stone. Could it be Draco Malfoy, a more poisonous rival than ever? Could it possibly be Hagrid, whose mysterious past is finally told? Or could it be the one everyone at Hogwarts most suspects...Harry Potter himself.

I LOVED THIS BOOK COMPARED TO THE FIRST ONE.

When I finished Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, I was convinced that the rest of this series is just going to be a cute little ride. But I LOVED the second book so much, and I can see how this series is going to get better, and better, and better.

I love the Weasleys so much! :D Also, I didn’t think that Ginny’s crush on Harry was unwanted or anything, Ginny isn’t one to shove things in others face *cough cough* Malfoys. I think her simple crush on Harry is kind of cute! :D She’s adorable. (thinks . . . possible relationship coming soon?!)

I thought that the new cast of characters added into this story just made it more hilarious! :D Gilderoy Lockheart was so ridiculous, I couldn’t help but start laughing! Some situations were hilarious! Dobby was so cute! I love him! I can see Dobby becoming a nice friend of Harry, Hermione, and Ron one day! I hope that we get to see more of him in the next book! :D

I know this sounds weird, but I actually like Snape. Ever since we’ve actually got to know him from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone I feel like he’s not really a bad guy or anything.

I am SO PUMPED for the third book! I have it right now! But I’ll probably start reading that tomorrow or tonight.

It was nice how in the story Rowling would make it look like one thing was happening when really it was just something else completely! I thought the whole thing with Tom Riddle’s diary was done so perfectly!

I am so excited! I think there’s going to be so much more action in this series now! :D

Overall, I thought that Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets was just so fun! I am more excited for this series. There were obviously very small details I overlooked because this is a children’s novel. Like, one:

the Professors never saw that Hermione had a paper note clenched in her hand, but somehow Harry and Ron did when they went to see her for like, two minutes.

(show spoiler)

But; whatever. :D I STILL LOVED THIS.

I would recommend this series to anyone. Once again, if you’re intimidated, then try to do what I did! Read it in a format most comfortable for you (for me, ebook for Harry Potter) and then try and make it a small routine (for me, two chapters every night before going to bed on weekdays, and four chapters a day on weekends--I know, I take this very seriously).

Thanks for reading guys and hope you have a great day! And remember: I AM LORD VOLDEMORT. XD XD XD