These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Maegan Spooner (Starbound #1)

These Broken Stars - Amie Kaufman, Meagan Spooner

Hey guys, I hope you’re having a great day and this is my review to These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner! This is the first book in the Starbound trilogy.

Luxury spaceliner Icarus suddenly plummets from hyperspace into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive -- alone. Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a cynical war hero. Both journey across the eerie deserted terrain for help. Everything changes when they uncover the truth.

The Starbound Trilogy: Three worlds. Three love stories. One enemy.

This was read as an audiobook! So I listened to the entire thing! :D I was really happy because a couple of years ago when I tried to listen to an audiobook I didn’t understand anything. When I listened to These Broken Stars I really enjoyed it! :D I loved the voices of Tarver and Lilac! :D They were voiced by Johnathan McClain and Cynthia Holloway!

I enjoyed this book! It was actually pretty okay. At first, I was hoping for a short read like the Titanic because that’s what I’d heard. And, I was hoping for a lot of space imagination and world-building. Really, it does not take long for the ship, the Icarus, to collapse. And, Lilac and Major Tarver didn’t really enjoy each other’s company.

When Lilac was first introduced, I didn’t really like her. She wasn’t spoiled, but I didn’t get a lot of the things that she did. For example: walking through the wilderness in high heels. Couldn’t she have broken them off with the many pieces of metal that she was with?! Or maybe, she could’ve tried to explain to Tarver . . .ugh!

But at the same time, near the end I enjoyed her a lot! Lilac goes through the most character change! There was this one point where she knew that she had to convince herself that she was strong, it was a nice emotional moment!

I didn’t understand the whole alien energy! I’m not going to talk about that because I guess that was a big part of that, somewhere.

I can’t tell if I want to read the second book because I feel like this one had an ending to it, and it’s not like the second book in the series is a continuation of Lilac and Tarver, it’s a companion. So, maybe if I ever see the second book sitting on a shelf, then I’ll go check it out.

Overall, These Broken Stars is a nice novel that wasn’t really what I was expecting, but something I enjoyed nonetheless. But for some reason, I felt like I wouldn’t have liked this book if I would’ve read it instead of listening as an audiobook. Part of this reason is that I was convincing myself that the story’s going to go slow as an audiobook anyway so I wouldn’t have to worry about that.

I would recommend this to people who want to try this out! I feel like my feeling’s are pretty okay with this. :D

Thanks for reading my review guys, and until the next one! :D