Fantasy Books I’m Not Sure to Read! Help Needed!

Hey guys! Hope you are all having a great day so far! I’m reading The Hero of Ages right now (GREAT BOOK, I CAN’T BELIEVE I FOUND THIS NOW), but this book is really getting me into the mood to read more fantasy after I’m finished this one!

So I’ve been searching for a while, and I’ve been trying to find some fantasy reads. I’ve got some that I only know the synopsis of, but from people I know, they haven’t read these yet. So, I was hoping if I could put some of these books here and see if some of you know anything about these series? So . . . I guess, we should begin?

The Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima

This series is about a man-boy named Han Alister who is a reformed drug lord, and is willing to do anything to make money for his family. Then he acquires something like an amulet that used to belong to the Demon King. And we also have a girl named Raisa who is Queen and wants to live up to expectations (Sorry, really vague from what I’ve heard).

From people I know, no one has read this series yet, so I’m not sure whether or not to try this out. From what I have heard though, people say it’s a bit slow but gets okay. Other than that I haven’t heard much about this series for me to decide whether or not I want to read this.

The Assassin’s Curse duology by Cassandra Rose Clarke

This duology is about a girl who is a princess, and she is about to get married. Since she doesn’t want to get married, she runs away and meets an assassin who is cursed. And then she accidentally binds them together with this curse. I’m guessing the rest of this book is them trying to get rid of the curse after.

I’m also not sure about this one. From people I know, they haven’t heard anything about it since the publishing company that printed this book shut down a few years ago. So, if you guys have heard anything about this, please do let me know!

Graceling by Kristin Cashore

All I’m going to say is that I read Fire, thought it was okay. Then I read Bitterblue, hated it more than anything. I didn’t know at the time that these three were companion novels, I found out Graceling existed after. So, I’m really not sure whether or not to read this one. I think it’s about Bitterblue’s cousin, Po?

The Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher

LOL, I see the titles for this one, and everyone is always mad.

I know this is about a kingdom with a certain magic system. I’m not sure which one, though. I’m very double minded on this series, a lot of people say it’s really good. But then the people that say it’s not good, give me a whole list of other books I should read. So, I want to try this one out, but it’s a six-book fantasy series. So, a lot of commitment there.

The Snow Like Ashes trilogy by Sara Raasch

So many people have given so many mixed reviews on this one! The second and third books are not out yet.  I’ve heard that this about kingdoms, and one of them (based on season) was conquered so the remaining survivors have to conquer it back. The premise sounded amazing, but once again, mixed reviews on this one.

The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson

The third book is not out yet for this one, either. I know this is about a princess who runs away on her wedding day because she doesn’t want to live the life of a princess. And then one day while she’s in this one village two men are searching for her: one man is the prince she betrayed and the other is the assassin sent out to kill her for that betrayal. That’s all I’ve heard.

Someone told me this is fantasy, but it doesn’t really look or sound like much fantasy to me! I’m still not sure whether or not to read this one, either.

Uprooted by Naomi Novik

This book is about a village that relies on the powers of someone known as the Dragon to keep their village safe, but he asks for one young woman to serve him for ten years in order for him to do that. So, the main character in this book is afraid that the dragon will take her friend, Kaisa.

Not sure about this one, it sounds promising, but once again, I’m double minded.

And that’s it! Now, it’s not that I have no idea what to read next. I do have some series in mind. But I’ve noticed with fantasy, once the book goes down, it goes down. I feel like there are a lot of important things to count in fantasy and for me, I really hate pushing through books. So, I just wanted some help and wanted to avoid some hard series to get through if any of you have read them.

There are some series I will most definitely be checking out below (not a lot, lol):

Thanks for reading—for those you who managed to get down here—everyone, and hope you have a great day! Until the next one!