Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter #4)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré

Umm, is J.K. Rowling paying for my hospital bill? I mean, here we have like three books of nice fun and some pretty thrilling moments. And then with Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire J.K. Rowling drops the bomb. Also, remember how I said that Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban may be my favorite book in the series? Never mind! It’s this one (so far, of course)!

I knew I should’ve bought this series . . . if I ever could buy this series (I REALLY WANT TO!)  I would buy the newest Hogwarts edition (click here to see the post on that edition)! Like, that would make my day if I ever got this somehow.

Anyway, so where do I say what I loved about this book? I loved everything about it! We had some pretty unexpected events and you know what’s even better? I NEVER read the synopsis of the book on the back, so literally EVERYTHING for me was unexpected! Like, I didn’t even know what the Goblet of Fire was until they introduced it in the story.

Whereas the case of everyone thinking at first that Harry putting his name in there first, I was sure who put it in. While I was like . . . 50% correct since I knew it was

a follower of Voldemort but damn! I did NOT expect Mad-Eyed Moody (the FAKE one who turned out the be Mr. Crouch’s son?! What the HECK?!) to be the one who did everything. I liked you, fake Mad-Eyed Moody. He gave such good advice and then he broke my heart.

Oh yeah, WHAT THE HELL WHY WOULD YOU KILL OFF CEDRIC I LOVED HIM SO MUCH EVERY TIME I SAID I LIKED CEDRIC I FELT LIKE AN IDIOT AFTER BECAUSE J.K. ROWLING KILLED OFF CEDRIC LIKE HOW CAN SHE DO THAT I’M BEING SERIOUS RIGHT NOW. I FEEL LIKE CRYING AND NOW I’M SCARED BECAUSE SHE’S GOING TO END UP KILLING SOMEONE ELSE. LIKE GO DIE VOLDEMORT!!!!!!!

(show spoiler)

I found the whole Rita Skeeter thing to be funny, but I have a theory that Skeeter’s beetle skills may be much more useful in the future instead of stupid articles (like, the fact that Molly Weasley believed that is still not cool with me).

One thing that I feel like I may not enjoy in the later books—I’m HOPING that I’m wrong in this, I don’t want to hate it—may be the romance. I know, I know. Usually the romance is fun and okay to read about, but in this one it was cute at times, but then it was annoying. Harry, focus on the tournament! Like, why are you focusing on Cho?! Also, I’m suspecting a Hermione-Ron relationship! Like, I hope I’m right because that would be SOOOO CUUUUTE! *plans to go down with this ship!* So far I haven’t found someone I actually like for Harry.

So, I’m guessing after all the stuff that went down in this book there may not be a Quidditch match? What is everyone going to do?! I NEED the next book NOW! LIKE RIGHT NOW! Ugh, I’m on stupid hold position #4. I NEED to be #1!

I was hoping to see the time travel element in this book from the last one? I’m not sure we’ll be seeing that, unless Harry can maybe have the advantage to look into Voldemort’s past? I enjoyed the Quidditch World Cup, though! That was interesting!

Overall, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is amazing. I have no words. I’m not even going to recommend this because I’m sure that you and your mother’s mother have read this . . . I’m SORRY! WHEN I WAS A LITTLE KID I DIDN’T LIKE BIG BOOKS! *hehe*

So, hope you all have a great day and until the next one! :D *waits until Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix comes*