The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #2)

The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan

This book of the series was also a whole lot of fun! While this series does include the same process: one huge plot of the series, small subplot (each book) and a quest to fulfill that subplot/book which then contributes to the overall plot of the story; it is still enjoyable to read about. :)

The first time I listened to The Lightning Thief I didn’t like the audiobook version because I didn’t like the voice of the narrator, Jesse Bernstein. Of course, I am glad I chose to go with this series because I really enjoyed his voice in this book! I think that Jesse Bernstein’s greatest pluses for narrating this series is the changes in tone—which really helps set the stage of the story!

I feel like I didn’t enjoy Percy as much in this book compared to the first one. In the beginning he seemed really self-contradictory and it was kind of annoying. I, personally, really liked Tyson and I didn’t see what there was to be embarrassed about him!

Another thing I liked in this book was the Siren scene, because when Annabeth saw her flaws with the whole song thing and she mentioned to Percy how she thought that she could kind of see Luke’s point of view, I was kind of glad there was more complexity into Luke’s thinking.

(show spoiler)

Overall, The Sea of Monsters was better than The Lightning Thief plot-wise, but I don’t think I enjoyed the characters as much in this. It had a lot of action though! I would recommend this series to people who want something quick to read through and enjoyable (if you’re interested in Greek mythology)!

Thanks for reading my review everyone and hope you have a great day! Until the next one! :D