A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis

A Madness So Discreet - Mindy McGinnis

I don’t really have a lot to say about A Madness So Discreet. The first thing that came to mind was that it was slightly all over the place, but it really wasn’t. That’s just me not being sure of what to think of this book.

The beginning was horribly disturbing (not in a bad way, I’m guessing that was meant to be the tone of this book). This book opens up in an asylum with Grace Mae, a pregnant girl, who is constantly tortured. We don’t know why she’s there, or what she’s there for. But when you read around seven or ten more chapters, you find out why and it’s effing terrifying. Like, the fact that

Grace is carrying her own father’s child was so terrifying I had to put down the book because it was just . . . morally disturbing.

(show spoiler)

At the same time, I can say that the author is pretty good at writing creepy and dark tenses.

After a while, this book just begins to delve into Grace’s abilities and mystery surrounding this book. I was interested, but by the time I finished the story I just didn’t really care . . .

You can check out this story if you’d like, but honestly, if you like dark things, then you’ll like this.

Thanks for reading everyone and hope you have a great day! Until the next one! :D