Ice Like Fire (Snow Like Ashes #2) by Sara Raasch

Ice Like Fire - Sara Raasch

I read Snow Like Ashes around half a year ago, and I really enjoyed it! The action, the main character, and the love triangle was honestly not all that bad.

Unfortunately, before reading this book, I’d heard not-so-great things about it, but I do have to admit, it was pretty meh for me as well.

The thing is, this book focuses a lot on politics, and Meira does go through some deep character development as someone changing from warrior to Queen—even if she wants to be both. So yes, I did enjoy Meira, but for completely different reasons than I did during Snow Like Ashes.

The most powerful magic of all is choice.

I am kind of upset because I didn’t enjoy Theron as much as I had hoped to in this book. I found him a bit too insensitive for some things that should’ve been very obvious. It seemed as if it didn’t matter that Meira was obviously not comfortable with something! And that honestly just DOES NOT SOUND LIKE THERON. So, why he suddenly gotta be so rude?

He leaves. Just like that. No final good-bye, no last, lingering glance.
Like we never loved each other at all.

But on the bright side, I have now changed ships like I have a choice (extremely uncommon) and am now shipping Meira-Mather! NOT because he’s the only one left, but because Mather really developed in this book, too! And we get to see a more personal side to him. I’m kind of surprised!

The only problem I had with this story, which unfortunately did affect the entire book for me, is that it was just too slow, and I could predict a lot of things that were about to happen. I know the same thing happened with me for Snow Like Ashes but I was so invested in the plot and pacing of the story that it was easy for me to overlook. This time, it was pretty hard.

So, while I didn’t really love this book as much as I thought I would, I would still tell people that are fans of Snow Like Ashes to read this one because it leaves you high expectations for the third and final book in the trilogy! So, I will be reading the third book, and my expectations are pretty high for that one since plot wise and character wise, I feel that the series has developed enough.

Thanks for reading my review everyone and I hope that you have a great day! Until the next one! :D