The Winner’s Kiss (The Winner’s Trilogy #3) by Marie Rutkoski

The Winner's Kiss (The Winner's Trilogy) - Marie Rutkoski
“You don’t need to be gifted with a blade. You are your own best weapon.”

This book deserves all the stars!

I feel like I’ve seen my baby grown up. Back when The Winner’s Trilogy was a young thing that started off as The Winner’s Curse, I did not enjoy this series as much as everyone else did. Everyone was hyping and acting all excited for this book, and I was just there in the unpopular opinion section just like -.-

My thoughts at the time were that the book focused on a love story I wasn’t even interested in. So you can imagine how funny it is now that I was madly flipping through this book just to get a glimpse of the romance between Kestrel and Arin!

“He changed us both.” She seemed to struggle for words. “I think of you, all that you lost, who you were, what you were forced to be, and might have been, and I—I have become this, this person, unable to—”

She shut her mouth.

“Kestrel,” he said softly, “I love this person.”

Please hold onto my soul to help me keep it from ripping apart.

Besides the obvious fact that things I did not like from the first book developed so wonderfully by the end of this final one, I would also like to point out that with every book in this series, my rating has only gone higher. So that has to mean something. XD

I’ve already said before: Kestrel is one of my favorite YA female heroines. She knows herself. And although the premise of this book doesn’t play out the way you thought it would, I was still so happy and thankful that the qualities in Kestrel that I admired were still there, no matter what happened to her. And that was the most important to me. That she’s managed to grow and be the same person at the same time.

“What am I now?”
Sarsine held both of Kestrel’s hands. “What ever you want to be.”

I really, really loved Arin in this book! Although his character was slightly darker, it made him more realistic and didn’t change the dynamic between him and Kestrel.

Usually, I really hate politics. But in books, I either hate them or love them. It’s no different in The Winner’s Kiss that the strategic planning and the intricate war strategy was what really kept me going on this! So if you’re a fan of political intrigue, be prepared for that! The actual battle scenes were pretty cool, in my opinion. Especially because it was so realistic.

Shout out to Roshar for being awesome! The bromance between him and Arin was amazing and as well as the banter between Kestrel and Roshar!

Overall, great series!