TAKE #2 | The Secret Life of a Book Blogger Challenge

Courtesy of Ana’s Lair

You guys can view the original Booklikes post here!

Thank you so much to Moonlight Reader for tagging me! :D

How long have you been a blogger?

Umm… I think since October 2014. I’m pretty sure, actually. Because on my very first day on Booklikes, I posted a BUNCH of really badly written reviews (lol, still no progress there) that I wrote in excitement. Booklikes is actually my very first blog because I found that blogging about books is what really interested me. And seeing a blogging community all about books just made my excitement go through the roof at the time.

At what point do you think you’ll stop?

Well, not at this point. I mean, I’ve seen people in college/university continue blogging as long as they manage their time properly. So maybe not until a good 5-7 years down the line. I can’t even say that for sure. But maybe I might not be able to blog when I’m in grad school (if I know what the heck I’m doing with my life by then). But I think I’d still like to keep this blog to see and communicate with people, because that’s what the community’s really about, right?

What’s the best thing?

The best thing is that this community has really open minded people who I don’t need to hesitate to share my views and opinions with! Also, even though Booklikes is definitely a smaller community, the people that run the website are very dedicated and usually solve my problems unlike other ones (*cough cough* GOODREADS).

Also, the other best thing is you guys! This community is really about communicating. I read reviews and enjoy them for people that don’t even have the same reading tastes as me. Everyone here is totally okay with the fact that blogging is about doing it for fun and to talk to people (I feel pretty repetitive but honestly, it’s true). People here that I follow and follow me back actually talk to me (more repetitiveness!). This is a problem I have with the Goodreads community and I’m glad it’s different here.

What’s the worst thing? What do you do to make it ok?

The worst thing is when I get a message from an author asking me to review a book for them that they don’t have a problem sending and then I get like, nothing. Also, these authors usually never respond to me and I feel like an idiot for even waiting and expecting something. I mean, first you tell me that you want me to review something and then you go MIA.

I just don’t respond to authors who contact me on Booklikes to review books. After ignoring them for a while, I eventually stopped getting them. Now, if I want to review a book myself, I go on Netgalley.

How long does it take you to create/find pictures to use?

Around a minute to two. I usually go on Google and will type an expression and then put “meme” or “gif” after it. I usually find what I want after 30 seconds of scrolling.

Who is your book crush?

Let’s just pretend the question asked, “Who are your book crushes?” Okay? Great!

So… umm (get ready to judge me) I’ve got a whole HAREM here people: Han Alister (Seven Realms), Ronan Lynch (The Raven Boys), Rhysand What’s-His-Last-Name (A Court of Thorns and Roses), Daniel Cohen (Prisoner of Night and Fog), and Rhy Maresh (Shades of Magic).

Yeah. Whatever. I’m selfish.

What author would you like to have on your blog?

I have a lot, but for a good and detailed reason, I’d choose Victoria Schwab! Or, as her name for her adult books, V.E. Schwab! I have honestly loved and enjoyed every single one of her books and I just want to know her writing process and how she creates such amazing and complex characters and stories.

What do you wear when you write your blog posts?

Oh, me? I usually wear clothes.

Okay, FINE! Let’s be specific. I wear my pyjamas which are nice and comfy. :)

How long does it take you to prepare?

If I’m writing a book review, it could take me 5-10 minutes to write on my phone. Then I leave it and read it after a couple of hours when I feel like it to catch mistakes. I usually suck at this but I still do it. And then I post it on Goodreads through the app. After, I go on my iPad when I have time and copy and past my review from Goodreads onto Booklikes because I hate syncing since it usually just creates a mess for me!

If I’m writing a blog post, like one called “Books I Want to Read This Summer!” then that will usually take a while because I write a lot and like to re-read and edit. These kinds of posts usually take 20-30 minutes and I leave it (once again). After I come back when I feel like it (there are usually no pressure for these kinds of posts) then I edit and then copy and paste onto Booklikes.

When I’m writing a bookshelf update, it takes 10-15 minutes because it’s mostly the covers of the books that I’ve read and what I’m writing about them but usually linking the covers to my original reviews take a while. Then I just post and edit later.

TAGS TAKE THE LONGEST. See the funny thing about this? Usually because I write and I write. And then I read a couple of times… and then I post and edit because I take FOREVER. BUT I still love doing them! :D

How do you feel about the book blogger community/culture?

This is definitely one of the things that I look forward to the most. When I’m in the mood for relaxing and doing things in my free time :) Also, there are people here who read a lot more than me so it makes me less stressed that I have a problem. Now we all have problems! :D

What do you think one should do to get a successful blog?

Dude, I’m like the wrong person to ask…

Umm, I have some followers cause I post often and talk to people. Also, I’m more focused on following people who’s reviews and posts I like to read. I’m more of a “less followers are more” person.

Just do what you came here to do! Post! Comment regularly! Follow people you’re interested in following! It’s just having fun! :D

Okay, now it’s the turn of people that I’m thinking of from the top of my head! SORRY IF YOU’VE DONE THIS ALREADY
- SusannaG
- Tea, Rain, Book Blog
- Reading is my ESCAPE from Reality
- Debbie’s Spurts
- AND ANYONE ELSE THAT READS THIS!!!

Thank you for slugging through this. It’s so long and I’m so sorry :) I’m a blabber mouth. Or blabber typer. Same thing, really.