Their Fractured Light (Starbound #3) by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

Their Fractured Light (These Broken Stars) - Amie Kaufman, Meagan Spooner

Where do I even start?

I really enjoyed These Broken Stars, and I’m pretty sure all of us can say that the first book in the Starbound series was definitely the best of the three. This Shattered World actually wasn’t that bad. I mean, it wasn’t as good as the first one, but whatever. I’ll get past that. The romance wasn’t bad, although the storyline seemed dragged out, I figured that you know, we don’t need to criticize, right?

And then this book came along.

I feel like this book was just too long. There was no need to have an addition of two new characters! Want to know why? Because even though the stories of Lilac-Tarver and Flynn-Jubilee were done, guess what happens? They were dragged in. And in this book, we had to witness watching everyone’s romance from a different perspective who we haven’t even connected with! (Talking about our new characters Sophia and Gideon)

The love story in this one was a tad bit too much, to be honest.

You’re telling me that after just sleeping together, Sophia and Gideon are true lovers?! Why would they even sleep with each other if they never trusted the other person?!

(show spoiler)

It felt too insta-lovey and that was just one difficult aspect.

Basically, everything meant to happen between the “good guys” and the “bad guys” was all shoved into this one book. I’m not really sure where to even go with this. The villain was extremely downplayed from the first book, and don’t even get me started on that whole Lilac phase.

I, personally, believe that books centering around the concept of destiny, can either be really well done, or just look plain sloppy. In my opinion, for Their Fractured Light, this just seemed like a way to wrap things up.

Hugely disappointed, and I found a lot more things I didn’t like in this book than what I did.